People can access the internet on a wide selection of devices. And yet, the majority of them go through their smartphones and tablets instead.
Experts claim that more and more people are using their mobile devices to browse the internet. As of now, the current numbers suggest that over 50% of internet users already prefer using their mobile devices.
For business owners and website owners, this has significant implications that you need to consider.
Laptops and computers are more powerful than smartphones. Despite this, people still opt to use their smartphones for online shopping, messaging, internet browsing, and more.
It’s simply because mobile devices are more convenient. It’s something that they can carry just about anywhere. Most importantly, everything they need is already inside their smartphones too.
Mobile Devices And Websites
If you’re running a website, there are many things to consider regarding mobile-friendliness. To put it simply, mobile-friendliness refers to how well a website loads and performs on mobile devices. It shouldn’t just perform well but load assets as correctly as possible.
Smartphones have smaller screens. Their processing power is limited too. As such, you need to consider mobile-friendliness when creating a website. There are a few essential factors to have for a mobile-friendly website:
- Large and easy-to-read text
- Mobile-friendly navigation and touch controls
- Faster load speed
Why It’s Important To Create A Mobile-Friendly Website?
More people aren’t just browsing the internet on mobile devices. They’re also shopping, looking for specific services, and connecting with brands on mobile devices. To position your brand for growth, you should consider a mobile-first approach when creating a website.
Here are a few essential benefits of having a mobile-friendly website:
- Better SEO – Most website owners don’t know that mobile-friendliness and user experience are ranking factors in SEO. You can rank higher on search engines if your website performs well on mobile devices.
- Better User Experience – Say you’re running a business website. Wouldn’t you want your visitors to run through a maze of malfunctioning buttons while on your website? Optimizing your business website for mobile devices is an excellent way to improve user experience and sales.
- Better Lead Generation – With great SEO, you’ll also have better lead generation. Whether you’re looking for higher sales or more subscribers, better lead generation will always be beneficial.
- Better Brand Identity – A good mobile website will help you communicate your branding to your audience better. This creates a better rapport between you and your customers. It also allows them to identify themselves with your brand.
Creating A Mobile-Friendly Website
The common misunderstanding here is that it’s better to create a desktop website and downgrade it to fit mobile devices. However, experts claim that it’s much harder to do this.
Instead, it would be better to choose a mobile-first approach. This means creating a mobile website first and then upgrading that website to better fit larger screens.
Also, instead of making a versatile website on both platforms, it’s better to have separate versions. That way, you don’t compromise the quality of both versions of your website.
Mobile devices are definitely here to stay. It’s only intelligent that website owners and business owners adapt to this trend before it’s too late.
Luckily, more and more web developers are becoming more proficient in developing websites for mobile devices. Right now, it’s one of the best investments you can make for yourself.